Want some delicious appetizers?
Halloween signals the beginning of the holiday season, which, for many of us, extends well into the coming year … can you say Valentine’s Day? Sure. Here, we’ve come up with seven easy Halloween appetizers that get you warmed up for the season, and get you out of the kitchen fast, so you can enjoy your own gathering!
Each of these appetizers are not only delicious, easy and quick to make, but get everyone in the spirit with a good dose of Halloween color.
Big sale! Printed Leggings – galaxy styles and more! Perfect for Halloween parties!
While easy Halloween appetizers may be one of your primary objectives, you’ll also want a rounded choice of foods to serve for your party. Although you could make some of these from scratch, you’ll find a lot of help at the deli counter and in commercially prepared products, which saves you lots of time in the kitchen and doesn’t cost a fortune. So, here we go!
1. A loaf of the artisan style French bread, sliced in half, slathered with butter and plenty of garlic (to keep the vampires at bay!), sliced olives, small cubes of diced cheddar and freshly snipped parsley can be slipped under the broiler for just a few minutes with a hearty and delicious result. Cut each of the halves into appetizer-sized chunks, place on a serving dish, and watch it disappear before your eyes!
2. Allowing about two mushrooms per guest, pull the stems from the white or brown mushrooms, dice the stems and place in a medium sized bowl. Add cream cheese to the mix, along with freshly snipped cilantro. Add the (economical) Krab(TM) flakes, finely cut, and mix well. Fill the mushroom caps, place on a baking sheet and broil for about 3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Voila!
3. Our list of easy Halloween appetizers wouldn’t be complete without a plate of deviled eggs. Use just a touch of mustard to add some zip to the egg yolks, or, garnish each egg with finely diced, fresh basil. Delicious!
4. The next of our easy Halloween appetizers couldn’t be easier, but provides a big splash of color and flavor to your buffet. Purchase a bag of mini-sized meatballs and a can or two (depending on the size of your party) of prepared sweet and sour sauce. Pop them in a saucepan, heat and serve. Provide party toothpicks alongside your serving dish.
5. A package of the triangular shaped, barbecued flavored corn chips, paired with a spicy guacamole dip, makes for easy Halloween appetizers your guests will love. Just be sure to have enough of this one on hand!
6. Water chestnuts, wrapped in bacon and skewered with regular toothpicks, take but a few minutes to prepare and make a tasty hit at any party. Cut each slice of bacon in half, wrap and skewer to the water chestnuts and broil several inches from the broiler unit until done. Arrange fresh stems of parsley around your serving plate, and you’re ready to go.
7. The day before your party, put a boneless loin pork roast in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour, according to cooking instructions. Allow the roast to cool, then pull into pieces, as for pulled pork. Store in the frig in a plastic zipper bag. The day of the party, assemble canapes, layering the pork, your choice of cheese (smoked Cheddar and Swiss both work well), sliced olives and lettuce. Yum!
It’s easy to see that easy Halloween appetizers are not out of the question! Bon Appetit!
Please bookmark us and share with your friends!